Ard Core Gamerz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Savannah, GA and surrounding area gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Primers and Paints

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chapter Master Christian
Admin
Chapter Master Christian

Primers and Paints Empty
PostSubject: Primers and Paints   Primers and Paints EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:16 am

List your reviews of the primers you use.....

Armory Primers- Cheap, but I only use Grey
Black- Not too good, I've had mix results, some cans go on way too thick or spotty
Grey- Good, This is my normal primer if I going for a new color scheme or trying out something
White-Not too good, Same as the black, too thick, too easy to over spray

Citadel Primers- Pricey, but if you want a primer/base coat in one, use these
Black- If I am going for a dark look, love the black, plus its my primer and basecoat all-in-one.
White- If I am using white as a primer, this is the white I use.

Citadel Paint-
Foundation- Good coverage, I use these for non-neutral (black/white) basecoats
Paints- A little on the thick side. I find that I have to use a mix of water and alcohol when painting with these.
Washes- Not too much use with these. I use the green, blue and flesh wash on occasions....easier then massively thinned paint.

Vallejo-
Paint- I really starting to love these paints, just keep brush damp and they are good.
Model Air Paints- I got a set of these for my airbrush and found that even brush painting with these is great, super thin paint, don't have to thin it at all. Takes some time to get them in, and cannot order direct, shipping from Spain is way too expensive.

Testors-
Never really used these....except the dull coat spray once...never really got anything else from them.

Back to top Go down
https://ardcoregamerz.forumotion.com
randall flagg

randall flagg

Primers and Paints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primers and Paints   Primers and Paints EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 10:06 pm

what do you think about using black spray paint?
i've been usng flat black spray paint, you know the kind you can find at walmart for two dollars a can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Chapter Master Christian
Admin
Chapter Master Christian

Primers and Paints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primers and Paints   Primers and Paints EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Haven't really tried using regular spray paint on my models. I heard mixed rules...some claim it is just as good, but then I have also heard that it melted the fine details of the models. If you are going to do it, I would go slow and careful. Some spray paints are really thick, and even in small burst of spray it can really overcoat a model. Best to try it on a test model to get the distance and make sure it doesn't react to the plastic...think some of the paint used for metals can cause problems....might try one specialize for plastic.

Also I have tried dipping as well, and I can tell you that the miniwax polycoat stuff is great, but you need to use a box and a electric mixer to get the excess off. At 3.50 a can, its a lot cheaper then others. Basically I used Foundation paint to get my basecoat colors on, then clipped it to mixer...dipped it...put it in a old cardboard box with a hole in the top...spun it for about second three times, put it on wax paper to dry. I was really surprised at the outcome of it. If I ever start nids again....that is what I will do.
Back to top Go down
https://ardcoregamerz.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Primers and Paints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primers and Paints   Primers and Paints Empty

Back to top Go down

Primers and Paints
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ard Core Gamerz :: General Discussion :: Painting and Convertions-
Jump to: