Ard Core Gamerz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Savannah, GA and surrounding area gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ard Boyz Round 2 list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Event Grot

Event Grot

Ard Boyz Round 2 list Empty
PostSubject: Ard Boyz Round 2 list   Ard Boyz Round 2 list EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Here is a quick idea of what im thinking of taking to Ard Boyz round 2 (fantasy)

Dreadlord- flying pony, Heavy armor, Seadragon Cloak, halberd, Dragon Helm, Pendant of K, Crown of Command

S. Sorceress- sac Dagger, 4+ ward Save, Lv 4 Shadow

Hag- CoB BsB

Sorceress- tomb oF, +1 Dispel dice Lv2 Shadow

29 SpearElves- shields, spears, FCM, +1 Leadership Banner

29 SpearElves- shields, spears, FCM

10 RxB Shields

10 Rxb Shields

5 Harpies

5 Dark R rxbs

5 Dark R rxbs

40 Witch Elves-Armor Pen Banner, FCM, Strength Poison on Hag

3 x Hydra Phalanx

Quick Run Down- Witches and hydras, kill every thing they can get to. Rxbs keep flanks clear of junk. Dark R support flank or threaten warmachines. Harpies screen for Witches, Spears provide power dice for SS. Cauldorn, supports witches with 5+ward.

Biggest need is to identify opponents strength and take it out quick, that is where hydras and witches come in.
Dreadlord is there to tie up units that need to be delayed so i can deal with other in turn.

Let me know hat you think.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Christian
Admin
Chapter Master Christian

PostSubject: Re: Ard Boyz Round 2 list   Ard Boyz Round 2 list EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:04 am

Well I wish I could have gotten into fantasy sooner but a am a slow learning so no Ard Boyz for me..... Sad

But lets look at the games...

Round 1 seems to be anti-caster.....so have to be really careful if taking caster...looks like you only have 2, so not too bad there. Go after Rare fast to gain the bonus on points.

Round 2 ummm ya I can see some bad things coming with that lil gobbie causing 2d6 Str 6 hits and then having to pass a str test...I don't really see you trying to hold him with anything but the wyches....just make sure to keep the hydras clear.

Round 3 not sure of the mission as book is in my desk at work right now.

Think the biggest thing I am seeing about your army is lack of some long range harrassment, shooting or something to pop a dwarf cannon or GT. Now again I am brand new to the game but I am seeing in my dwarfs how powerful artillery and scouts are...not sure what you have in DE's to counter these things.

You know there probably going to be a few HE list with that special character that cast IR on any doubles so be prepared to see him in almost every HE list.

Best thing I can say is use DakkaDakka.com or Army builder....look for the nastiest/cheesy/hardest hitting army that uses every trick in the book that are listed on the site or that you can think of building....then imagine its 40k and I'm playing your opponent....now tailor your list to beat me. There is no holding back now. These are not friendly games, there is no mercy, there is no "OMG I never want to play you again because you built something I could never win against"....play those list and worry about hurt feelings later. Thats the goal of Ard Boyz. To beat someone so badly that they won't want to play warhammer ever again.

I want to see either you or Jon win...and win big. And if you happen to win the 3000 point army and need 200-300 bucks and not another army....let me know lol.

But in all seriousness....Good Luck Guys....Alex you represent what every gamer so try to become, helpful when needed and a great judge in rules and tactics. Jon if you read this, I learned from you every game that we play, even if I win, you are a master of tactics and a good friend. Best of luck guys, the store could not have asked for better players to represent them at this lvl.
Back to top Go down
https://ardcoregamerz.forumotion.com
HalflingScribe

HalflingScribe

PostSubject: Re: Ard Boyz Round 2 list   Ard Boyz Round 2 list EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Chapter Master Christian wrote:
Jon if you read this, I learned from you every game that we play, even if I win, you are a master of tactics and a good friend. Best of luck guys, the store could not have asked for better players to represent them at this lvl.

Thanks. I think I'm going to cry...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ard Boyz Round 2 list   Ard Boyz Round 2 list Empty

Back to top Go down

Ard Boyz Round 2 list
Page 1 of 1