Ard Core Gamerz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Savannah, GA and surrounding area gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things learned from Learning Day..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chapter Master Christian
Admin
Chapter Master Christian

Things learned from Learning Day.. Empty
PostSubject: Things learned from Learning Day..   Things learned from Learning Day.. EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Okay....going over the 2 battles I had in my head over and over...every phase, every shot, every question that I mentally noted.

So we did a lot right, a little wrong, but all in all was great learning experience for me.

So rules that checked and played wrong...no blame, was just learning experiences, but if we point out our mistakes, then we don't repeat them. So...no blame, no claims of cheating, no bad feelings, this is just to explain rules and what we overlooked. And help me remember since I have failed several stupidity rolls...... confused

1) In first battle, Dwarfs vs Skaven.....Skaven Army had too many points in the Heroes area and the general was incorrect. The general must be the model with the highest leadership value in the army....the Warlock Engineer had a ld of 5 the chieftain had a 6, and the general should have been the chieftain and general cannot be the BSB.

2) In first battle when Skaven casted Crack's Call....when the line touched the Grudgethrower....the person casting rolls a d6, on a 5+ the warmachine is destroyed, not a 5+ ward save.

3) In second battle, when dwarfs fired cannon at the Marauders, the line of fire cannot go thru friendly models or enemy models in close combat. Also found that you do not have to nominate a unit you are firing at....can fire at any spot on board...just place the marker and as long as the above 2 conditions are met the shot is fired...so corpse cart that wasn't in LoS could have been shot at since marker could be placed in the terrain in front of it and scattered onto the cart.

4) Parry saves require unit to be armed with shields....Dwarfs and VC didn't know this and were rolling parry saves.

5) Doomwheel should not be taken if you are having issues with rolling low.... lol!

Anyways, was a great day, and thanks again to Event Grot for running it.
Back to top Go down
https://ardcoregamerz.forumotion.com
Event Grot

Event Grot

PostSubject: Re: Things learned from Learning Day..   Things learned from Learning Day.. EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Good observations,

quick couple of points,

1) yup looking over the list my skaven had to many points in heroes, but in the case of the BsB you pick the BsB for the army during creation and general is highest LD Character not including BsB. Bsb is a paid upgrade that take the character out of the General choice selection.

2-3 look right, but ive seen cannon used the way we have... i'll re read the canon section to be sure, i'm up on it. ( canon fire stops once it his impassable terrain so it would have been dertemined by how we clarified the terrain.)

4) Yes parry requires Shield and Hand Weapon only, units with spears and shield don't get as well because spears are considered special weapons. parry also can only be used by units fighting to their front, units having to fight to their side or rear cannot use parry.

5) yes doom wheels are fun but fickled, gosh i love dem rat wheels.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Christian
Admin
Chapter Master Christian

PostSubject: Re: Things learned from Learning Day..   Things learned from Learning Day.. EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:30 am

Ya the cannon thing was because we had a terrain piece that arc above the the flat surface and allowed me to see the zombies he walked over the terrain, but the corpse cart was out of LOS...so we probably should have had it where units couldn't march over it.

Wasn't sure about the General/BSB thing...I just read in the general section that the general must be the model with the highest leadership value. Will read up on BSB...army builder not letting me select a higher leadership bsb either tho. Will check.
Back to top Go down
https://ardcoregamerz.forumotion.com
Event Grot

Event Grot

PostSubject: Re: Things learned from Learning Day..   Things learned from Learning Day.. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Terrain playes a bigger part in Fantasy, then 40k, as we get into games that go beyond the general rule set we will begin to use the terrain rules to max effect.

in all i am very pleased that we got alot done, and we converted some new souls to fantasy!

we need to plan another fantasy intro day again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things learned from Learning Day..   Things learned from Learning Day.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Things learned from Learning Day..
Page 1 of 1