Ard Core Gamerz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Savannah, GA and surrounding area gamers

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

40k intro...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Event Grot

Event Grot

40k intro... Empty
PostSubject: 40k intro...   40k intro... EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:16 pm

For new players looking to Start 40k, here are my listings on which armies are best for learning the core of the game...

The best intro army is drum roll.........

Space Marines! just the vanilla kind leave all the extra flavors for another time...

They are the best from my point of view, they hit on all the core rules of the game and are very forgiving in the face of armor saves and Leadership tests.

In all new players don't need to start with space marines, i started with Imp Guard cause i like the big tanks... but space marines would have been easier to learn with.

if you have an opinion... lets hear it!

Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Christian
Admin
Chapter Master Christian

40k intro... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k intro...   40k intro... EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:48 am

I have to agree that in starting out in 40k that Codex:SM would be the easiest of all to learn the game with. Not a whole lot of special rules or items in there to confuse people with. Plus once you learn with the them, you basically can apply that knowledge to other army's to see what they offer....

Back to top Go down
https://ardcoregamerz.forumotion.com
HalflingScribe

HalflingScribe

40k intro... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k intro...   40k intro... EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:00 pm

I hate to agree because marines are already spammed everywhere. However, it is true that vanilla marines is one of the most forgiving armies available. It also has a fair bit of flexibility for players to exploit as they progress and develop their tactics. It also is easy to bridge a C:SM army into one of the more specialized chapters later, since most of the models are identical or very nearly so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

40k intro... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k intro...   40k intro... Empty

Back to top Go down

40k intro...
Page 1 of 1